Thursday, February 24, 2011

VID-Y-O-GAMES

Hot diggidy darn, children, this is my first blog post and I am ready to get the proverbial party started. First off, what's the diggidy-deal with video games nowadays? I mean, a good chunk of video games are either movie cash-ins, bland first person shooters with linear hallways and some sort of failed gimmick, or bugged out messes where you'll get stuck in a wall and rotate endlessly. What happened to the good ole days of the original Resident Evil games or Super Mario 64, or even Bubble Bobble. BUBBLE. BOBBLE. Seriously though, only a handful of games really catch my attention these days, and odds are most of them have been made (or at least published) by the same few companies.

Did I ever tell you kids about the time they made a video game about me? I was working as a par-time plumber in Little Italy when a couple of them Japanese fellows came up to me and offered me a multi-million dollar video game deal. They called me Super Mario and I was an instant hit with the children! Sure, the little pixel representation of myself doesn't look EXACTLY like me but I still got recognized on the street a few times. Still gettin' paid for it these 20 or so years later. Awwwwright.

Anyways, games need to stop being awful and start being great, like the Final Fantasies and the Metal Gear Solids and the Silent Hills (well most of them). More developers need to start caring about what their time is going into instead of just pushing it out as fast as you can to make a quick buck (I'm looking at you, EA!). Long story short, I'm mad that video games aren't as cool as they used to be, a bloo bloo bloo. Well, that's what I have to say, so if you disagree you can just deal with it, boyyyyyy.

5 comments:

  1. I definately agree with you that video games have definately become less about how fun they are, and more about the movie or idea that the game is based off in order to make a quick dollar or two. Most companies really need to stick to their roots and develop games that a more fun and enjoyable by the players, after all, they did pay good money for them.
    Shaaaades B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wasn't the blog i was looking for

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my super nintendo. I remember playing it all morning up at my cottage. Jumping turtles like a boss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not even. By the release of super nintendo's super mario they had the ability to get a cape and fly. Who needs jumping and fireballs when you can clear the entire level by flying over it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments must conform to Cawthra's code of student behaviour; no offensive language will be tolerated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.