The special moment, special day, special person, special feeling, and special love; all in one day. I guess you can say that, that one day is the wedding day. TLC Say Yes to the Dress leads the bridal one step closer to their dream day. Clients are full of condolence for all the customers, understand their feelings of frustration, and emotional breakdowns, but also the happiness that people cannot easily describe in words.
I believe that this show is like a diary of brides journey till the very special day. The very second fiance and bride say "I do".. every relief, happiness and unknown tears forcefully rage out of their eyes.
This show illustrates that every detail and aspect of the wedding dress matters. Wedding dress is not an ordinary dress that you can buy at H&M or Holister. It is once in a life time fashion show on very own isle expressing the love and compassion in your dress.
Every girl has their own dream dress. The modern tradition, the colour of western culture is white. However, not all brides seek white dress. Some people want their accessories, fabrics or shoes..in which certainly can motify the dress you like, to a the dress you love.
"A dress without a sash"
"It looks wrong"
It makes her look uncertain.
It makes her think she's fat.
According to the rule of brides, every aspect matters.
Then what is the defintion of a wedding dress?
According to standarized defintion from google, wedding dress is a main symbolism of purity of heart and innocence of childhood. Later attribution suggested that colour white symbolizes virginity.
What I think of wedding dress:
A dress, in which the moment you put on.. you know its yours. Because your heart will be beating like raging helicopter. For my self, I never had the experience, but I only imagine that the moment you put on the dress, it will be the feeling of stempede of chidren going for recess.
I guess everyone has their own style, opinion, interest, like and dislike. However, these can vary and differ in any state in life. You may have an opinion one day than another the other day. Depending on the mood your interest can change and you can create your new hobby. But, wedding dress.. there is only one right dress for you. THEN..when you wear your perfect one, you know its yours!
Monaco wedding gown. Inspired by Cinderella dress.

I really liked your take on the tradition of weddings. Your blog was very detailed and thought out. I thought it was very insightful for example mentioning other cultures as well as refering very to the tv show "say yes to the dress" which is a awsome and addicting show! Very well done!
ReplyDeleteSay Yes to the Dress, I agree very addicting. it shows how you've put some thought into how you'd like your big day to be. It's interesting that you talked about the western culture and weddings it's very different from some other cultures like the Hindu culture that wears red to their wedding and white to funerals. I personally think it would be pretty cool to wear a red wedding dress. Good job, but for next time be careful with some of the spelling. :)
ReplyDelete