Friday, April 15, 2011

Addicted to Facbook!?!



Addicted to Facebook?



Facebook is developed to pull you away from the real word and reduce 1 on 1 interaction. When you get a friend request you forget about your surrounding to see who he/she is. When you are thinking about logging off, Facebook pulls you back in because you want to check your profile before you sign off, wasting more time from your day.



Ways to Defeat a Facebook Addiction



1. Delete your wall



The wall is used to update statuses, and for your friends to post comment, pictures, and more. If you’re interested in cutting yourself off from that addiction, without sacrificing the communication tool that is Facebook, just delete your wall.



2. Turn of Email Notifications



Turning of your Facebook notifications will help reduce ones Facebook addiction. These days we get pinged about every new notification and wall post that anyone posts on Facebook. Facebook will be less interesting because you will not get any notifications.



3. Delete some friends


By reducing the amount of facebook friends you will receive less unnecessary new feeds about games and other things that will waste your time. Therefore reducing the time spent on facebook



4. Get a time limiter plug-in


By limiting the time on the internet, it will help one reduce the time spent on facebook.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree with you; Facebook is addicting and should probably have a lesser importance in our life. Except, our social lives depend on it, this is how we stay in touch with our friends, communicate, and feel like you're accepted. It will take a huge social movement to take it back to good old fashioned face-to-face communication and personal socialization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that this world has become addicted to your Facebook. It is quite sad. I don't agree on what was stated on that your social lives depend on it. I have lived in this world for almost a year now and have found no need for it. Communicating face to face still works fine and there are many people that still prefer that style of connecting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the world is greatly influenced by facebook. I personally think that it is not a "need", it is a "want". People can choose to get rid of faceook, delete walls and things that you have suggested above to reduce the amount of time spent on facebook. I personally think that the better explanation is: it helps us fufill our satisfaction instead of "our social life depending on it". It's the matter of comfort within the comfort zone you created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that facebook is too widely used these days. It used to be for connecting with friends and now companies are using it to connect with potential buyers all over the world is I think is a little over the top. I think if we all just went back to what facebook was before; chatting with friends posting pictures ect, facebook would not be as addicting as is it in todays society.
    This was a very interesting topic to discuss as well as an interesting way to propose the topic to the readers. Goodjob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the picture you used :) but i completely agree that facebook is really addictive! right now im not that addicted i still check it once in a while but i remeber 2 years ago i was fully hooked, i used fb 247, when i woke up, in class, at lunch, on the bus, at home, at the mall, everywhereee

    ReplyDelete

All comments must conform to Cawthra's code of student behaviour; no offensive language will be tolerated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.