Friday, April 15, 2011



Friday. The day we all look forward to. The last day of school, then the thing us teenagers look forward to the most : the weekend. Well recently, Rebecca Black released a song called "Friday" courtesy of Ark Music Factory. If you haven't heard this song, and put yourself through that torture, give yourself a pat on the back, because you're doing yourself a favour. If you've seen the video, and listened to the song, I feel your pain. It is truly the worst song i've ever heard, and im not quick to judge anything or anyone, especially music.




For starters, what's with those lyrics? Clearly, she needs to go back to school and learn how to write a proper song. I dont know any teenager that's lucky enough to sleep in untill 7am. In her friends car, there is only one available seat, so what is she contemplating when she says "gotta make up my mind, which seat can I take?". So after the chorus, and other pointless lyrics, to this pointless song, she says "yesterday with thursday, today is friday, we-we-we-so excited, we so excited, we gonna have a ball, tomorrow is saturday and sunday comes afterwards". In that one little verse, I can name so many things wrong. Is this 13 year old girl, trying to teach us the days of the week? 'we-we-we-so excited' should instead say "we're so excited", which would make more sense, and make rebecca black sound a little bit more intelligent.







Next, rebecca talks about driving. Uhm...last time I checked the law states anyone under the age of 16 doesnt have a license, and cannot take the test to get your G1 and when you do manage to get your G1, at the age of 16 or older, you still have to drive with your parents, so it seems to me that rebecca and her 13 year old friends, are breaking the law.





Don't even get me started with that voice of hers, It took all the strength I had, just to listen to the entire song. I've never heard anything like it, and that, that is not a compliment. Hopefully, Rebecca does not record another song, like she's promised to on Twitter. Seriously, I dont think the world can handle another song by Rebecca Black.







Let's just hope that Justin Beiber says "no" to singing a song with Rebecca Black. I'd love to see the worlds reaction that song.


p.s. for those who don't know, Friday was a song originally sung by Bob Dylan.


2 comments:

  1. Surprisinly she actually CAN sing. If you look up videos of her actually singing...she quite good for girl of 13 years old.

    I would say to look at some more background things with this before posting.
    Its not entirely her fault for the outcome of the song and video.

    Overall, this is well constructed with good thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Rebecca Black isn't all that great but I also respect her for putting up with all the hate she gets.

    I also agree Bob Dylan's version is MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete

All comments must conform to Cawthra's code of student behaviour; no offensive language will be tolerated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.