Especially when it comes to the advertising world.
But it wasn't always the norm to see photos altered.
Before digital photography, photos were always looked as accurate portrayls due to the fact it was much harder to alter in the darkroom.
Personally I have mixed feelings about photoshop. I feel you can be very creative and create wonderful surreal images in photoshop, but in the adervertising world it is taken way too far. Photoshopping in the media has been accepted, and it is so normal that people accept overly prossed images as reality.
Now if you didn't see the comparison, would you have accepted the second one as real?
Or how about this one?
Not convinced that these 'shopped pictures have that big of an effect on us? Eating disorders and body insecurities are influenced by media portrayls of the 'perfect body'. When you are surrounded by it constantly it's hard not to willingly accept it and not consider the fact it's photoshopped. I have never met a single woman that likes everything about her body.
Have you?
So don't ever be down on yourself, especially with summer comming up and it's time to wear those bathing suits soon because you feel you may not have that so called 'perfect body' but even the celebs don't. If they did, there would be no need to photoshop.
We are all human, we all have bodies, no two the same. The fact that you wake up every morning and live one more day makes you beautiful.


Good post.
ReplyDeletePhotoshop can be dangerous to all of us. It is 100% a fun tool to use to make art, then again, the media uses it to edit photos of models, and more, to make us feel.. well, not good enough. My friends edit their pictures with it and put them on Facebook, even I have been known to edit out acne or small things, but I would never edit my body, because I love me the way I am, and I decided a while back not to be so affected by what the media shows us, because most of it is photo shopped. There is no such thing as a "perfect body" like the ones they show us in advertisements and photos, we are perfect the way we are, and YES I agree we should have a nice summer, and wear our bathing suits without worry that we our bodies aren't good enough. I'm a little self concious about it still, but I actually think reading this makes me want to wear my bathing suit anyway, thank you. I'm going to. :)
Jhonna Dark said...
ReplyDeleteFirstly, good choice in using photos that show the before and then the after. Its a lot more effective.
It is sad that photoshopped photos are becoming the norm. Not only becuase it hits peoples esteem to see such 'perfection' but also that there is no such thing as 'REAL' in the world of media, Its all fake.
Personally, I like seeing larger sized poeple in the media because it represtents the population so much more and it can help just level your esteem more.
BroadwayStar14 said,
ReplyDeleteits amazing how the world knows that these pictures arent real ... and that people dont look like this .. yet they try to achive these standards .... when even the models themselves csnnot be all the editors want .... =( great job on this topic !!