
What do you make of the many things you are told each day? Do you hear them, say "uh huh" and then tuck them away into the folds of your mind? Do you take it to heart and try to change your self based on what the recommendations are? Or do you just bush it off, thinking what you know is how its been, and it won't change? New information, facts and statistics are released almost every day. They tell us what we should and shouldn't do, how things work now and give us predictions of what the future will be and guesses of the past. They often contradict themselves, and replace previous knowledge.
What is released to us may not even be fair towards the truth. The results may be slanted to support a particular interest group, or so vague that the results lose their meaning. What are we supposed to believe when views change so frequently?
That is up to you.

Make your own decisions. based on what you learned, not what someone tells you. Research the topic instead of digesting whatever is put in front of you. You are allowed to think for yourself, don't be swayed by what others think. They are not the ones who make the decisions in your life. At the end of the day, the only opinion that really matters is your own.
I completely agree with you! Most of us tend to follow those on a higher popularity scale, as we follow the trends in fashion and merchandise. I too give into peer pressure when I subconsciously buy a pair of jeans that I could have gotten else where for half the price.
ReplyDeleteIf we all 'think for ourselves' as you stated above and buy or like something because you actually like it, not because you were told it was awesome, then maybe the trend will be to be your own individual person.
Great blog!
I really enjoyed your blog and agree with you 100%.I also believe that all of us should make our own decisions. In society their are people who tend to follow others but on the other hand there are also people who like to make their own decisions.In my opinion people who make up their own minds live a happier life overall because they are the only ones controlling their life.
ReplyDelete