At this moment, this day, this hour, this second, this millisecond you have.. ask yourself. Who are you? How do you fully know who you are as a person? Are you living the life that everyone think you have?
People on the streets, who are they? Are they just a poor person who doesn't have home? Yes, some may have debt or metal issues, but how do they know who they really are?
__________________________________________________________________
French Philosopher Rene Descartes' famous saying, "Je pense donc je suis (I think, therefore I am)."
As I was reading his book, I thought about it over and over. -"I think, therefore I am." What can this mean?
As I was reading his book, I thought about it over and over. -"I think, therefore I am." What can this mean?
Then I came into a weird mind map stage where I thought to myself, a common mistake that people make is that people take the statement as proof that they, as a human person, exist. However, it is a severely limited conclusion that does nothing to prove that one's own body exists, let alone anything else that is perceived in the physical state. I think that it is only proven that one's mind exist (person observing and doubting). It does not rule out other possibilities, such as waking up to find one to be a butterfly who had dreamed of having lived a human life.
Until now, I can't say "this is the answer to this question", since this question is open to interpretation. However, I think that the physiological mind set you have, shape the person you are.
So according to Descartes' theory, the physiological thinking within the person is what makes who you are.
However, If I think I'm a nice person, does that make me a nice person?Someone who have sinned greatly, but yet they think they did nothing wrong. Does that mean, they really did nothing wrong?
However, If I think I'm a nice person, does that make me a nice person?Someone who have sinned greatly, but yet they think they did nothing wrong. Does that mean, they really did nothing wrong?
Moreover, Maslow's triangle also said we need to fulfil our physiological needs before we fulfil other needs.
Until now, I can't say "this is the answer to this question", since this question is open to interpretation. However, I think that the physiological mind set you have, shape the person you are. Thus, because our senses sometimes deceive us, I would suppose that nothing is such as they make us to imagine it; and because I was as likely to error as another in reasoning, I rejected as false all the reasons which I had accepted as demonstrative; and finally, considering that all the thoughts we have when awake can come to us also when we sleep without any of the being true. I resolved to feign that everything which had ever entered my mind was no more truth than the illusion of my dreams.
BUT I observed that, while I was thus solved to feign that everything was false. I who thought must of necessity be somewhat; and remarking this truth. I think, therefore I am was so firm and so assured that all the most extravagant suppositions for the sceptics were unable to deny it.
Therefore, I think that the thoughts we have and what we are influenced into without knowing is the physiological thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments must conform to Cawthra's code of student behaviour; no offensive language will be tolerated.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.