Friday, June 17, 2011

One more week and we're done grade 11! We all know what that means...exams. Exams are probably the single most thing I dread at the end of every semester. People start panicing, and stressing out, staying up all night to finish projects and papers that we were all too lazy to finish and hand in on time. Stressing already? relax, and breathe. Everything will be okay, instead of cramming the night before, just review for 30 minutes a day, for a week ahead of time.






If you're stressing over your exams, here are some helpful tips to 'de-stress'






  • Keep your mind work oriented, and not result oriented
  • Study actively in the day time, and get a good nights sleep
  • Have lemon juice twice or three times daily
  • After reading for some time, close your eyes and reflect for a few moments. It will help you relax.
  • Long hours of static studying affects the lower body and blood circulation, change postions and locations often
  • Do not panic. Practice pranayama. The art of breathing in through your nose, and out of your mouth. Hold for four seconds.
  • Try some relaxing yoga









This is it guys, we're 3/4 done high school. 10 more months in this school and its off to be grown adults and look after our selves. Personally, im actually terrified of growing up, and I panic everytime i think about the fact that we have literally a year of high school left. It feels like yesterday that I walked into Cawthra Park, a niner and now here i am, a 16 year old teenage girl who can drive and has a job.


Good luck on your exams!






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the useful information. I do believe that at this point in the year many are stressed and busy. Those advises can reduce our stress level and help us focus. Good advise! Its truee, it feels like I was in Grade 9 not to long ago. Time fly's we are almost done high school! But am i ready to move on and take care of my self? I would say no, it doesn't feel right! But later on in life we have to grow up and take care of our self and loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great advice - I know I'm stressed and from what I can tell so is everyone else!
    It's crazy to think about the first day of grade 9 and not knowing what to really expect from high school!
    To think there is only on more year is pretty scary!! But definitely exciting!!
    I know I am going to try out some of these exam tips for sure so thank you!
    Also great way to help people to relate with each other- knowing that we all have similar stresses and problems definitely helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that all my exams are in class, and that I dont have to come in during the week to do them. I've always found in-class exams to be easier and alot less stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are some good tips and i usually do these things everyday (except the yoga) it is good that you are sharing them on this blog so that everyone might try these tips

    ReplyDelete

All comments must conform to Cawthra's code of student behaviour; no offensive language will be tolerated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.