Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cake Boss



Life is good it's almost summer time and Buddy is back!

For those of you living under a reality TV rock… I'm talking about Cake Boss on TLC. Buddy Valastro and his whole famigila that own Carlos bakery in Hoboken, New Jersey.

Buddy's the head of the family who employs his cousins and sisters to run the bakery where all the baked goods look awesome as well as cakes for custom orders that are over the top! The bakery is open daily to the public for cakes, cookies and a variety of pastries made by Buddy and his team but the excitement each week on the show is the cake they produce for special customers. Buddy used to make cakes for normal people but now that the show is in its forth season the customers have become more celebrity and the functions they take the cakes to are often star studded special events (even Snooki from the jersey shore ordered a cake for her mothers birthday last season).

Every week there's some kind of drama-will the cake break? Will it topple over while they're transporting it to the party or is there some sort of crisis in the family.

Buddy sounds like he's a few cupcakes short of a dozen but he's really a smart guy. He knows his case and can ice cake faster than I've ever seen(he can seen make those icing roses in record time!)

Buddy's gone a little Hollywood over the last few seasons because his show has done well with lots of views and he's well recognized now all over the U.S. and Canada. Buddy carries on a baking tradition as he learned from his father and will most likely pass it on to his children. I'm sure the bakery is more successful than ever, the family is busy and its worth the watch every week to see what the drama is, what the big cake will be and who it will be for. I intend to tune in every Monday night at 9 to watch and hope you do to!

Have a Great Summer!

Yours in Reality, Sam

4 comments:

  1. I am actually in love with this show! Not only it is very interesting to watch how his imagination, when sketching his ideas, are actually made in real life. It's always inspiring to see him come up with new and outrageous idea's! I would love to one day make a cake using fondant and modelling chocolate half as good as his !
    Thanks for letting us know when it airs! I will definitely be tuning in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this show! Even though, some parts may be scripted TLC shows make it seem like almost everything is a reality show. It's really facinating to see; family coming together coming up with ideas and of course, bake the cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddy. Is amazing. I'm obsessed with his shows, cake boss AND kitchen boss. :) Really wish I could watch t.v. more when they were on. He's a big inspiration to me. He does a lot for other people, and it makes me happy to see the smiles on their faces. Not to mention his cakes are incredible. His idea's are so creative, and he's very talented. I love baking, and I may want to follow in his footsteps... it looks like a fun job! Thanks for posting, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually a really good show. I've only ever seen a few episodes, but all the drama unfolding makes it quite interesting. I've always thought it would be fun to be a professional pastry chef! It's amazing to see the end products of the cakes that you would think would be impossible to make.

    ReplyDelete

All comments must conform to Cawthra's code of student behaviour; no offensive language will be tolerated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.