It's no suprise that runway shows and designers clothes like Versace are wickedly expensive.
But runway shows seem to be less about clothes and more about being flashing and attention catching for all the wrong reasons.
The fashion industry tends to be over-glamourized and seen as just because it's on a runways & on television viewed by so many people that the clothes must be good, right?
But runway shows seem to be less about clothes and more about being flashing and attention catching for all the wrong reasons.
The fashion industry tends to be over-glamourized and seen as just because it's on a runways & on television viewed by so many people that the clothes must be good, right?

IT'S NOT FASHION, WHEN THEY AREN'T WEARING ANY CLOTHES.

What is deemed as 'high fashion' seems to be less and less about the clothes.
And more about who can put on the most outlandish runway show.
Fashion shows and designers control what sytles and colours are 'in' each season,
and fashion should always center around the clothes.
No matter how over the top or creative the designers get with the clothing, there should still be clothing involved.
When it comes down to it, runways shows have turned into a performance that incororates fashion lines BUT
it not based on showing the pieces in the show.

Runway shows have turned into all hype and creativing contorversy.
So don't buy into all the labels and houses of designer brands simply because of the name.
The clothes should speak for themselves, and in most cases they do not.
Great topic!
ReplyDeleteThis is so true, why is it that some fashion trends mean that we have so little clothing on, that we may as well not be wearing anything at all?!
Many of the trends on runways are much more sophisticated and even unrealistic for everyday wear. We would not wear such a small amount of clothing in public, so why would we do we need to do it on a runway??
Sam's Reality Check Said...
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with that your saying. It seems today that everyone's trying to outdo the next person when fashion should be about clothes not about how loud an outfit can get! This being said these designers need to bring back the fashion and maybe try to incorporate clothing that everyone cant wear? Instead of showing clothing that’s so bulbous you wouldn’t be able to fit through the doorway. I like how you expressed your passion for this subject it really shows in your writing.
Jhonna Dark said...
ReplyDeleteEXACTLY. The majority of things I see on the runway are disgusting. It's not fashion. Most of it looks like disgusting fabric draped overa womans body or in this case latex stretched across a body. I know that you obviously don't wear whats exactly on the runway and you can buy clothes that are toned down from the runway but would you WANT to buy some of this runway stuff? Not really. I'd feel like a walking tool. I'd look stupid. High fashion is no longer looked up apon for me...it's looked down.
Gunter Tagen said...
ReplyDeleteI've used a sweing machine once in my life and I could crank out some of the "high fashion" shown here in 10 minutes. Yes, I do believe in freedom of expression, but it gets difficult when people are 'expressing' idiotic ideas. And I honestly don't think sophisticated is a word that anybody should be using to describe this. If I walked out of the house in these clothes I would be arrested for public indecency.