Monday, June 13, 2011

The Effects of Coffee and caffine infused drinks






Coffee it is one of the neccesities in a normal persons life, It gives us a mental boost But is it worth it? Over the years many experts have done reseach on the issue of coffee, what it can do after years of drinking as well as what it does to your wallet. Depending on where you buy your coffee from drinking coffee daily can become very expensive as well as get your body addicted to another type of drug called CAFFINE! Recent test's performed by a small reasearch company based in south California in the United States revealled that the daily drinking of drinks such as coffee and sugar based drinks develop a addiction to the drug called caffine which you can find in coffee and suger filled drinks such as coca-cola or pepsi. This drug when ingested gives our bodys a sudden burst of energy but it only lasts for a limited time meaning that when we are addicted we need another after another drink barley filling our need to feast on this caffine drug. When we think of drinks that are supposed to give us a boost of energy we think of energy drinks such as Monster Energy or Red bull we would never think that the normal soda and coffee we drink use the same indgrediants as these supposed Energy drinks, but in the end it is just a marketing ploy to squeeze the perverbial wallet of the people they are monetaraly harrasing everyday. Is it really worth it to drink a coffee every day, you be the judge.

-Kyle Bairstow
















4 comments:

  1. Sam's Reality Check said...
    I personally love coffee and even though I know it's bad for me it's so addicting! I don't think I could give it up. Your post did shed some light on what it does to your body though. If I had to judge I would say coffee is okay in moderation as long as your not drinking more than a couple cups a day. Tea is a good alternative too since it's not as powerful as pure coffee. Overall good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days, everyone is addicted to coffee. I think once in a while, a Starbucks white chocolate mocha (yum) is okay, but it's bad when you're addicted to it, especially at such a young age (I'm referring to teenagers). I know someone who gets a migrane if she doesn't have her daily venti cup of coffee before 10:00am. I agree with the above comment, tea is a much healthier caffeine alternative and it's known to have calming effects as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juan Chipotle said,

    Energy drinks and caffine products are trying to put out a cool message about drinking their products. Which is pretty much promoting an addictive substance, well in drink form. But caffine is addictive, and half of the ingredients in the drinks I dont think anyone can pronounce! So it's bad enough we are drinking addictive caffine, but were also putting crap into our bodies that we have no idea what they are, or the side effects. Doesnt seem so cool now, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damici said,

    Ive seen studies on CNN about additions to coffee. They say if you have 2 or more coffees a day you are considered to be addicted to coffee.
    They also say if your drinking 2 coffees minimim per day your cutting atleast 2 years of your life. There is no good thing about caffeine or coffee. Just sugar rushes.

    ReplyDelete

All comments must conform to Cawthra's code of student behaviour; no offensive language will be tolerated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.