After the game at one of the press conferences that are normally held, something odd occurred.
One of the workers was doing a sound check and a set up of the desk with the championship on it, as well as an Adidas Mavericks hat that said "champions" on it. He was out there to move the hat into "perfect position" for the camera. He was at that task for a good 2 minutes at least, with the camera on, shifting a hat from one spot to another, as well as changing the angle that the hat was facing.
Now, I understand that there are a ridiculous amount of sponsors in sports like Gatorade, Nike, Adidas etc, but I am getting annoyed more and more by the fact that we need to see that logo of a product. A cup is always conveniently placed facing the camera, for all our eyes to behold.
I also understand that these companies are sponsors for a reason, and that in the contracts they sign with the NBA, it's written in their to advertise that way. I'm personally not a fan of this, and believe that these companies wouldn't have a problem selling their products if the logo wasn't in my face 24/7.
Your right! I swear, they have to have their logos in every possible place! On every piece of clothing, every cup or mug, every wall and anything that will mean that people will see their logo!!!
ReplyDeleteI understand they want to sell their product, but really as a consumer at a basketball game, I am not going to buy their product just because its right in my face like pretty much the whole time!
I agree that I wouldn't mind buying the product if only the ad companies were a little less persistant!
Damici said,
ReplyDeleteThe advertising coke and big companies do cost alot of money and its obviously working considering how major the corporations are. I believe
the complete opposite, if they dont advertise there product the most they can noones going to think about it or want to drink it. Even i know
myself commercials and certain advertisments make me crave the product depending on how it is presented. Advertising your product is everything.