Monday, June 13, 2011

The Classics.

When I was younger the only music I ever listened to besides Barney was classic rock. Ever since then, I've been in love with the oldies. I would go for a nap and when I woke up would be in my dad's arms and he'd be slowly dancing to the song "Like a Rock" by Bob Seger.


That song has become such an inspiration to me, I listen to it whenever I feel sad, angry, depressed any emotion besides happy; I listen to it and I instantly feel better. Just like the Doobie Brother's state "music is the doctor, makes you feel like you want to."


These days, pretty much all of the mainstream music is about drugs, alcohol, money, girls and sex. Yes, some oldies are about all of those things too but they are presented in a more classy way, unlike...


or


It's like the famous female singers have no class, especially compared to Stevie Nicks.


I don't just love the oldies but I do also love some mainstream music, mostly only if it has some meaning behind it. That's what I think all good music has, a meaning.

1 comment:

  1. Juan Chipotle said...
    It's so true.
    Music just aint what it used to be. And the really great talented musicians nowadays, never get the recognition they deserve. With so many people trying to create a career as an entertainer, more than a musician they have to come up with elaborate ways to catch peoples attention and take away from how their music has no substance.

    ReplyDelete

All comments must conform to Cawthra's code of student behaviour; no offensive language will be tolerated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.