Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just a Sexual Object

It's been in the media for a long while. It started off that they wanted to but now it seems a requirment.


The Sexualization of Women.


It's a little understandable. Sex sells. We all get it.


BUT, then there is taking it TO far.  There are now music videos and songs out there that are completly unessassary! Talking about women as if they are only sexual objects that are to be controlled and want sex even tough they say no. Just get them drunk and they will put out.  It's DEGRADING.


I would consider myself proud to be female but when I hear songs like these I feel embarrased!  Do people honstly beleive this is how it works? No. There are women who have morals.


The male singers who usually write these songs are disgusting.  Do they have no RESPECT for women?
Sure there are songs done by women that are pretty bad as well but the majority of big songs that deal with this are sung by males.


Example:  Sex by Chris Brown.


Probably one of the most pornographic songs I've heard. The entire song is about the process of him 'gettin down' down with a girl and making her scream his name.  Thanks, good to know you think your good in bed.

'Girl you're really in for a treat now, but don't fall in love cuz,
We just havin' sex,
I'm gonna get you wet,
We not makin' love tonight.
Hickies all over your neck,
Kissin' all over your body, babe,
Girl you gon' get it tonight.'

Basically he is telling the girl to not fall for him because he isn't going to be there in the morning.  This isn't makin' love becuase we have feelings, it's sex, a one night stand becuase I think your smokin'.

At this part, it's not overly bad. There are many songs about one night stands out there.

'Girl you can thank me in the morning.
When you wake up feeling hella good.
Feeling like you want me.
I didn't realize how much I made you scream, yeah. '


This is taking it a little far. Very concieted.  Making it seem like she was the only one that wanted it and he just went along with it because she was 'all up on him' making the girl seem like a needy, sexual women who wants to use him for sex.

'It's gon' be the best,
Best you ever had,
I can promise that, baby,
I lay you on your back,
Then between your legs,
I can make 'em spread, baby. '


Taking his ego to far now. He only ever talks about how good he can get a women to feel and how he can make you want it so bad but you never hear him mention how he is feeling. Why'd he go to have sex in the first place?  Just for fun?

The rest of the song is him describing what he is going to do to her and how much she wants it...

Another song that is degrading to women is Blame it on the Alchol by Jamie Foxx ft. T-Pain.
The ENTIRE song is about how a he hits on a girl, she says she doesn't want it so he waits till she gets drunk enough and then he goes and has sex with her while she doesn't really know what she is doing.

A little degrading?  She said she DIDN'T want it.  So I'm just going to get her a little drunk and she'll be all up on me. WOW.  That's sad.



As a women I am insulted by a lot of these songs and I know many other women are as well.
Then these situations are reflected into everyday life when women are approached as sexual objects.

 "You know you want it".

The sad thing is, it's getting WORSE.

What's going to happen then?

6 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! The first time I had heard songs from Chris Brown's new CD I was astound! There was a line and he is way past crossing it! Not only are the lyric's very in depth about his endeavours with his mates, but they are also very degrading towards woman. This has been going on for a while now in the media, but Chris Brown's song has really shown the world it's disrespect for woman.
    Something needs to be done about this situation and I applaud you for making this a topic for your blog. Just by doing this you will get people to understand this situation in a brighter light, hopefully leading to something more positive at the end of the tunnel !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely. Personally, I'm not into these "songs" as it is because i'm not into that type of music, i think it sounds bad, but when you listen to the lyrics closely as well, you get insulting word use as well. Alot of artists like Chris brown have variety of songs that are disrespectful to women, and i find it odd that i know a fair amount of girls who actual listen to the songs that you listed here because they apparently like the musician, or actually like the song in general.
    And it is true, alot of girls do actually have the moral sense to say no to situations related in these songs, but at the same time, people still listen to this type of music, and i think it's pretty much misleading people, and that if everyone listened a bit more to the actually content, they would not enjoy it that much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juan Chipotlé said...

    Im in complete agreement with you.
    It has become such a norm in the music industry for women to be objectified and sexualized, which is really sad. It shows musicians are really running out of ideas and taking the easy way out to write a song about sex. That being said the media also created a double standard, because if a woman singer released a song about sex, she would be looked at very negatively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still find it odd that Chris Brown has thousands of women screaming his name after he beat the hell out of Rihanna. It seems like they all just forgot about it because he apologized and dyed his hair blonde. I don't like his music, mainly because I think that he's just an awful musician, but I still think that he's going too far with that whole "hit it and quit it" attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm completely disturb and disgusted, crap like this actually exists? I didn't realize this until i knew the real meaning of Rihanna's "S&M". Artists like Rihanna and Chris Brown are looked up too by the younger audience. Lyrics like this disgusts me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BroadwayStar14 said,

    another one of chris browns songs is "wet the bed" and omg i feel so uncomfortable listening to it !!! he is really pushing the limits and yes i am so confused as to why there are sooo many girls still in love with him after all the hipe with rhianna !! if he wasnt famous nobody would be after him .... its sad that girls would be willing to put themselves at risk in order to have a famous boyfriend

    ReplyDelete

All comments must conform to Cawthra's code of student behaviour; no offensive language will be tolerated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.