Friday, June 17, 2011

Msn slang

Even Star Wars contain msn slangs.





















Fyi, lol, bac, ovr, mor, thn, hs, hw, lmao, rofl and ect.
So, what on earth does all this mean?

Well if you are a teenager, you may have a chance at understanding what I just wrote. Although I think that how people communication today is very clever, however, I do think it is killing the English language. School are accepting it exams and term papers, kids are forgetting when they write in a school text to a text message and it has gotten a little out of hand. I also think that it has left some parents feel anxious and suspicious over why this is happening and to the extent that it is. Like I said, I think that it is clever (I love texting myself). They can cut down words quite a lot. We use text slang here all the time. We accept it and most embrace it, so why is there much concern over this new wave of text language? I believe that it has to do with the fact some students use their slang words in their school work.

Maybe we should try to all look back and maybe discover that maybe there are few more concerns than getting sidetracked.

7 comments:

  1. This is a good topic because it's relevant to an audience that many people, especially in this class can relate to: teenagers.
    I was never really into the slang that much of texts, i still normally use full words or sentences than typing something like "LMAO or LOL". I'd normally say "you don't know how hard i was laughing just now!".
    But with schools accepting the slang in assignment and tests, I dont see it being accepted very much due to people losing marks, especially if it is for something in an english class. It has been getting more leinient year after year though for sure.
    Problems like this also may arise from people not reading very much when they are older, which makes it easier for teens to fall into the slang mentality. Maybe a good book here and there would make everything better? You never know.
    Great blog, and social relevance of the topic is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all use these msn slang words, and i remember when i used msn non stop and when i was writing my essay i used these slang words and my teacher always circled them.. this is a problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF WHY DA F R TEACHERS ACCEPTING DIS? SLANGS LIKE LOL OR LMAO ARE ON TESTS NAO? WTH? BUT LOL. STUDENTS NOWADAYS ARE CRAZY ROFL.

    How is language like that above me acceptable in tests? Crazy world we live in. Our generation is relying on technology the most. Almost every second of our lives, there's some sort of electronic device on our finger tips. iPods, cell phones, computers, laptops, and so on. Our generation is always on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people actually say the slang during real conversations. And a good amount of these people cant even properly spell the words that the slangs actually stand for, let alone the slangs themselves "lmoa", its pretty pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 tel u teh truth, sl4ng messes me up in real life rofl. sometimes i wud use slang even wen im writing a test and its all cause of msn lol. shhlang shud just stay on msn and not touch the real world otherwise, it cud get worse for every1... good blog over all sick t0pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal Shanda Leer said,

    "I completely agree, I can't even remember the last time I used and abreviation like that. I think it just sounds immature especially when people use short forms in every day conversations. I feel embarrassed for the person."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damici said,

    Msn or texting slang is way over used. Taking the time to type out these weird short forms for each word you mind as well
    type the full word or even just call the person. People go overboard with this short form messaging. Now a days i actually get annoyed
    when people over use short form texting or messaging.

    ReplyDelete

All comments must conform to Cawthra's code of student behaviour; no offensive language will be tolerated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.