
Mine didn't either. But I've heard about it. Anyway, during our trip to Toronto, I noticed a mural painted on a wall. it was advertising a product while trying to look like graffitti. Ads are being disguised as anti-establishment action, such as grafitti. Once I saw this ad, I began to notice it more and more, such as a tampon commercial (I can't remember the brand so I can't find the video) where a boring tampon ad is covered with graffitti, in which a different, more exciting tampon mural is created to symbolize the individuality and artistry of having a period. This rattled with my head a bit, as I was trying to grasp the concept of turning art into a commercial strategy. They are using illegal acts to advertise, saying, in layman's terms, "Don't buy into big business. Buy from our big business." Anyone else see a problem in logic here? We're hip we're cool, we're in tune to youth needs. Buy our tampons.
there could be negeative and postitive thigns about using art for sales, i think it is a neat and creative way to express yourself, but also they miught jsut be doing this for mo9ney and just want to lure you in with arttt
ReplyDeleteJuan Chipotle said,
ReplyDeleteIts true that advertising seems to be more and more art/graffiti based because they feel they can reach a bigger ten audience that way. But the advertisers themselves are buying into their own messages, that they portray teens as being anti-establishment and feel they can get their message across to the teens they stereotype by targeting them in a way they feel reaches out to their created stereotype? Seems like backward logic, but if it didnt work they would be out of business.
Crystal Shanda Leer Said,
ReplyDeleteI see this at a totally different light. I love when companys are clever enough to disguise tampons and other products. It makes me wish I was that clever."